Everything You Need To Know:
What is Belfast like for SMEs & Startups? Is Belfast a good place for businesses?
Belfast is the capital of Northern Ireland and is home to 10,560 businesses, the highest concentration of businesses in the country according to the most recent statistics. Popular industries based in Belfast include manufacturing, technology, aerospace engineering and financial services.
Is Belfast a good place for businesses?
Belfast is considered a good place for new businesses. Overall, Northern Ireland saw an 9.6% increase in business birth-rates. The infrastructure of Belfast provides a great place for new or growing startups looking to start a business in Northern Ireland.
What business finance should I apply for? Am I able to apply for a business loan in Belfast with SME Loans?
Yes, at SME Loans we are able to provide business loans to Belfast and Northern Ireland. As a credit broker, the lenders we work with are experienced and dedicated to offering finance to support local enterprise in Northern Ireland. Furthermore, we work with lenders who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
What type of business loan is best for a business in Belfast?
Applying for a business loan is ultimately down to the business owner. In many cases it is the circumstance that dictates the type of loan that is borrowed. Therefore, you should only borrow to what suits the needs of your and your business. There is no ‘right’ loan to apply for.
However, we have listed some financing options that are available to business owners, and the reasons why people apply for these forms of finance.
Why do people apply for a startup loan?
- Some entrepreneurs struggle to access funding when starting a business from traditional lenders such as banks.
- Start up loans can help entrepreneurs fund core elements of their business plans.
- Successful startups may need a loan to keep up with early or unexpected demand.
- A startup loan can help more established startups upgrade to an office or purchase equipment.
Why do people apply for a small business loan?
- Small businesses may need help with cash flow during quiet trading periods, especially seasonal businesses.
- Small businesses do not have the same access to business finances in comparison to larger companies.
- A small business may want to capitalise on an opportunity to expand, and seek a loan fund to allow this to happen.
Why do people apply for business loans?
- Unsecured loans are seen as more attractive than secured loans as there is less risk of losing valuable property if the loan is not rapid.
- With a business loan a business owner could borrow a loan amount up to £500,000.
- Credit brokers work with a variety of trusted lenders to find a suitable loan for their business.
The application process How can I apply for a business loan in Belfast?
To apply for a business loan in Belfast with SME Loans, you need to fill out the online application form. The application will ask for some information regarding the business owner, business, contact details, and the borrowing amount.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
To apply for a loan, you and your business must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The owner of the business must be over 18 years old.
- The business must be registered in the UK.
- Your business must have been actively trading for at least 6-months.
- The business must produce a minimum monthly turnover of £5,000.
A Guide to Applying for a Business Loans with SME Loans
1. Completing the online application form
The first step is to complete the online application form. Make sure to answer each question accurately and review your application so there are no mistakes that could impact your loan. Once you’ve checked and completed the application please submit it. All of our applications are subject to credit checks.
2. We will get in contact with you:
For the second step of the application process we will contact you to discuss your ideal loans and what loan is available to you. This is a good point to ask any questions you may have about the loan, such as interest rates, repayment process or about the lender providing the loan.
3. Receiving your loan:
The final step of the application process requires you to make a decision. If you like the loan that is being offered to you, you will be required to sign and agree to the contract. The contract will be sent to the lender where everything is finalised. Next, the lender will transfer the agreed loan amount into your account within as little as 24 hours.
In this article we look at the benefits of online banking. We also compare some of the best online business accounts currently on the market in the UK.…Keep reading
We find out more about luxe nightwear and leisurewear brand Cucumber Clothing from co-founder Nancy Zeffman. 100% British made, produced from wicken fabrics.…Keep reading